Thank you for choosing a path to give back and make a positive difference in these girls lives!
If you are approved to volunteer (which means you completed our application and have been approved) or you have volunteered with us before, you may sign up for any upcoming event, workshop series and/or camp. PLEASE READ THESE UPDATED GUIDELINES BELOW:
1) Only sign up for opportunities you can fulfill. You will not be able to go in and cancel sign ups on your end, only we can do that. In addition, signing up for too many opportunities, takes spots away from others. It's not fair to others. The maximum number of summer camp weeks is 3 unless otherwise pre-approved.
2) Please understand that there are times we may have to cancel some volunteers if we are low on registrations or if events must be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, etc. These cancellations may be within 24 hrs. of the event or sooner, so please understand this may happen. If we don't need as many volunteers as anticipated, we may have to ask some of you to not help. We determine who volunteers based on the following: when the volunteer signed up, experience, ability to work with and get along with other volunteers, how well the volunteers works with the girls or boys and reliability.
3) Please plan on staying for the entire volunteer opportunity. Asking to leave early or come late, isn't fair to those that come for the entire time and do all the setting up and cleaning up. If you can't come for the whole opportunity, please choose another one or don't sign up. We do have some things you can assist us with like organizing our supplies, cleaning and helping with our farm animals. Just reach out to us if some of these opportunities don't work with your schedule and we will arrange for you to help in other ways.
4) Remember why you are volunteering! You are a role model and there to assist our instructors but more importantly, you are there to encourage the young girls. You are not there to be on your cell phones, text your friends or take snapchat photos. We have a strict rule on no cell phones during volunteering. Please understand, you will be asked to leave if this rule is not followed. If you need to text for a ride or for lunch, etc. Please ask for permission before doing so.
5) During most camps, events and workshops we have a volunteer duty checklist that we expect each volunteer to participate in. That means that you ALL share in the duties of keeping our center looking great, setting up, cleaning up, etc. That means that you take turns in vacuuming, mopping, sanitizing the tables/chairs, cleaning the bathrooms, taking our trash, etc. It's a team effort!
6) Lastly and most importantly...your role is to interact with the girls or boys. That means you need to talk to them, ask them questions to learn more about them, encourage them and let them know their art projects look amazing. We know many of you will meet new friends and we love that. But remember you are there 100% for the girls or boys. If you are super shy and find this may be a challenge, let discuss if this is the right volunteer opportunity for you. We do have some things you can assist us with like organizing our supplies, cleaning and helping with our farm animals.
If you feel you can adhere to these guidelines, then we would LOVE to have you work with us. We appreciate you all!